LIGHTHOUSE, TOTEMS, & EAGLES EXCURSION
- Adult | 12+
- Child | Ages 3 - 12
- Infant/Toddler | Ages 0 - 2
LOCALLY OWNED & OPERATED
We pride ourselves on providing visitors with a view of Ketchikan through the eyes of locals. We are passionate about our home and we want to share it with you! Our tour provides a scenic, narrated wildlife excursion through the protected waters of our nearshore route of the Inside Passage, the Tongass Narrows.
Join your Alaskan captain and their crew in Ward Cove, one of Alaska’s deepest and most protected harbors, where you’ll board your tour vessel for a wildlife and sightseeing cruise along the coastlines of the islands of Revillaggigedo and Gravina. Relax in comfort in our heated main cabin or breathe in the fresh sea air from an outside observation deck while you sit back to enjoy the grab-bag of attractions along the way. Grab a pair of the provided binoculars and ready yourself for guaranteed sightings of the iconic American bald eagle. Along the way, the crew will help you spot marine-based wildlife, serve you a delicious, complimentary Alaska-sourced snack sampler plate and beverages, and share with you their knowledge of this unique ecological and cultural region of the world. Included in your trip are gorgeous, panoramic views of Totem Bight State Park (complete with 14 towering Lingit and Haida totem poles and an Alaskan Native clan house) and the wild seascape around Guard Island Lighthouse (built in 1904 and still in operation to this day).
Throughout the tour you’ll also get the chance to learn about the unique lifestyle of living on a remote Alaskan island directly from locals who make this place our home.
- Plentiful wildlife, with guaranteed sightings of American bald eagles
- Up to 5 eagle nests
- Totem Bight State Park
- Guard Island Lighthouse
- Unique Alaskan homes and colorful cabins, some on their own island
- Remnants of the old Ketchikan pulp mill
- Complimentary beverages, including hot chocolate, coffee, water, assorted hot tea, and soft drinks.
- Complimentary tasting of our favorite Alaskan nibbles, including a traditional alder-smoked salmon, salmon dip, crackers, bull kelp pickles, and artisan chocolate.
- Fog-proof, waterproof Bushnell binoculars are also provided for your use while on the tour vessel.
- Please dress in layers to accommodate all weather conditions.
- We are in a rainforest, so tours operate rain or shine. We always recommend bringing a rain jacket or poncho.
- Don’t forget your camera!
Our tour is sold aboard most major cruise lines. If you are traveling to Ketchikan by cruise ship, we encourage you to check with your Shore Excursions team to join a tour departure allocated to your ship. To be directed to our tour listing on the cruise line website, please click on the link below:
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ for answers to our most commonly received inquiries.