ALASKA TRAVEL & COVID-19
Updated: April 19, 2020
Lighthouse Excursions continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on travel to Alaska. We are committed to following all federal, state, and local health advisories and mandates as we welcome visitors back to our state.
TRAVELING TO KETCHIKAN IN 2021
While we did not operate in 2020 due to the CDC No Sail Order affecting cruise travel Alaska, we are excited to bring guests aboard again during our upcoming 2021 season. Please see our tour calendar if you are traveling to Ketchikan this summer and would like to join us out on the water!
If you are thinking ahead to future travel, our 2022 calendar will be available for bookings by end of April 2021.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY
As always, the health and safety of our guests, crew, and community is our top priority. We have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity:
- Vaccination – Our crew members are fully vaccinated.
- Masking – Per the federal mandate for passenger vessels, masks are required for the duration of the tour. (Guests may briefly remove their masks during our food and beverage service).
- Stringent Cleaning – We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and touchless hand sanitizer stations will be available to all of our guests. Our on-board binoculars are thoroughly sanitized before each trip.
- Social Distancing – We have reduced our capacity to 50% to allow for social distancing throughout the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE.
- Wellness Checks – Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
Please also visit the Alaska Travel Industry Association’s Alaska Travel Tips – COVID-19 for up-to-date information for all travelers to Alaska, including COVID-19 testing recommendations. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us here.
Thank you for your continued support!
Capt Jeff, Rebekka, & the Lighthouse Excursions Crew